Step-by-step instructions on how to make your own Neapolitan pizza at home.
An ingredient calculator scales the recipe up or down depending on how many pizzas you wish to make.
It is a two-day process to give the dough time to rise.
Assemble the pizzas
- Tomato sauce
(passata or whole peeled tomatoes)
- Fresh Mozarella
- Basil Leaves
- Two hours before baking, take the dough out of the fridge.
- Preheat the oven on the highest setting.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface.
- Press the ball out into a fat round disc.
- Stretch the dough into a disc making sure the edges are thicker.
- Use a spoon to spread the tomato sauce and then place the mozarella pieces onto the pizza.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with basil.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Pick up the dough and stretch it using gravity by gently turning it.
- Make sure to turn the convection feature off your oven and place your baking tray on the lowest rack. If you have a pizza stone then place it on the highest rack.
- Slice your mozarella and leave it to dry overnight in the fridge, otherwise your pizza will be too watery.
- For the tomato sauce, you can either use passata or you can crush whole peeled tomatoes.